Thursday, June 21, 2007
Since next week is our last class for Course II, we are supposed to bring flowers to decorate our final cake.
I was not happy with the look of the violets I did in class, and since I had frosting to "play" with, I decided to change the color from what I used for pansies to a deeper shade and make some more violets.
I think these look pretty good.
And then there was the issue of single color roses. The ones we did in class were all just yellow.
Peace roses have always been one of my favorites (my grandmother had a hugh peace rose bush that my grandfather would cut way back every fall and by this time in the summer it would be up taller than the porch and loaded with beautiful blooms)
Since I already had pink frosting and yellow frosting, I figured I could at least experiment with the idea of putting both colors in the piping bag and give it a shot.
These, I think, are neat!
As we were headed off to the grocery store yesterday morning, we drove past a house in our neighborhood that had a whole corner covered in poppies, all in full bloom. There weren't any instructions in our class book for poppies, in fact there aren't any templates for them either, but I decided to give it a try anyway.
I used the rest of the pink frosting and added a lot of orange color to get a deep orangy shade (if I do these again I will put in a little more red too). Then I took the rest of the violet and added a lot of black.
I did these on the flower nail, used the basic petal tip upside down! Pretty neat!!
poppies, poppies will put them to sleep....sleeeeep.....sllllleeeeeeeppppppp