Friday, October 06, 2006

Welcome to Hattie's Kitchen!

Just when it seemed I had enough projects going on, this one has returned, and just won't leave me alone, so I'm going to try it in this format for now at least.

The idea for Hattie's Kitchen has been floating around for several years at our house, and now that my daughter will be getting married soon, I have a little extra "boost" to get it going.

I have acquired over the years a lot of recipes from family members, and the original idea was to put them together in a notebook or something similar to keep them organized. After thinking about that for a while, I felt that there should be something more to it than just the recipes. After all, I'm sure that some of them will be very similar to recipes that are available from other sources, but what is important about these is the story behind each one: who did each come from? how did it come to be a favorite?

So each recipe will be accompanied by a bit of a story about where it came from and when it was added to the recipe box.

You as readers are invited to try these out and give me some feedback. If you have any favorite recipes that you have stories to go with, I invite you to share them as well.

So now its time to tie on our aprons and head to the kitchen, please join me!

No comments: