Friday, November 28, 2008

Cranberry Fluff

EDITED 11/23/11: It is best to mix with an immersion blender in a very deep bowl, otherwise the counter, the floor, the chef, the dog, etc. are pink!

EDITED 12/8: Well, I found Cranberry Jello (yes, you have to but the brand name, which is more expensive, but hey, it's the holidays and a little treat every now and then is ok).


The cranberry jello is even better than the raspberry. This recipe is a "keeper" -- and next tme I want to do cranberry jello with cranberry juice for half of the water -- or maybe some of the cranberry flavored Sierra Mist soda that I saw advertised last night.

I'll keep you informed!

There's something about Thanksgiving that just seems to bring out the jello molds!

I really wanted to try something different this time, and since it was to be just two of us for dinner, and the DH is a willing guinea pig, this is what I came up with.

Since I wasn't making cranberry sauce, I wanted to have some cranberry ingredient, I went through the cupboard and found the craisins -- PERFECT!

Here then is what I did:

Ingredients:

1 small package sugar free raspberry jello (this would be even better with cranberry jello!)
1 cup boiling water
1 cup ice water
4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup craisins

Directions:

Spray a small mold with cooking spray

Add jello powder to boiling water and stir until totally dissolved

Using a whisk, beat in cream cheese until well blended

Add ice water and craisins, mix well

Pour into mold and chill until set


Notes: next time I'm going to try this with cold cranberry juice instead of the ice water, and I think I'll pre-soak the craisins to "plump" them too

I'll let you know how that turns out!

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

Sounds yummy! I may try it with raspberries, cranberry jello, and cran-raspberry juice.