This is the cake I did in class last night.
I had a lot of trouble with the purple frosting because it was too stiff to do stars with, especially toward the end of the class.
The green ones on the bottom edge of the cake and the "hill" on top are all very neat and almost all the same size, so I feel pretty good about having mastered that technique.
During class I am also picking the teacher's brain about roses and daisies for wedding cakes. I'll be doing some practicing on rose centers this week as we move to the next step on that in next week's class.
Since we're going to be gone over the weekend, I will be experimenting with baking a cake and freezing it for next week's class. Actually this is a good thing for me to try out since we'll probably need to do that for wedding cake pieces.
Let them eat cake!!